Catering Sales Manager
As the Catering Sales Manager, you will deliver world class customer service and sales support to our clients. Our client base includes Corporate, Social and Weddings. You will respond to inbound sales inquiries, network with your client base, approach local business/trade organizations and attend bridal shows to close event sales for the Pines Manor. You will work within a team for sales and event planning from lead gathering all the way through event day execution. Our professional Banquet Managers will execute events, but you will assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to clients and guests. A base knowledge of food presentation (including cultural, religious and allergy requests), wines, mixed beverages, beer and associated equipment is required. This position requires you to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, holidays and weekends.
Reports to: Director of Catering
Experience – Preferred 5 years catering sales experience
Education – College Degree; preferable in Hospitality / Culinary Management. Will consider 2 year degrees and experience in lieu of education.
- Excellent communication skills
- Can adapt to last minute changes
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail
- Able to remain thoughtful in difficult situations and resolve problems through critical thinking
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Takes initiative to satisfy the guests
- Technical Skills – knowledge of Windows, Excel and Caterease
Physical Requirements – must be able to exert physical effort and actively move around the building to assist guest and manage staff
Licenses and Certifications – current ServeSafe, CPR and Food Handlers Certificate are all preferred